Do you guys like my cool photo up there? ^ Pretty orig, right? Yeah, I know.
There’s something you need to know. It’s super important and something I’m working on. Because there are some people who are EXCELLENT at this. And I’d like to be one of them. But listen, I do not claim this. What in the world am I talking about?
I rarely do any forms of this word. I don’t “wake and bake” and I ain’t ever gonna be featured on the Great British Baking Show.
That being said, I do still try my hand at it, every once and awhile. Just yesterday I tried to make a cookie version of this amazeballs cookie skillet thing I’ve made too many times to count, and I FAILED. I like, don’t take failing lightly. So I needed redemption today.
And I’m going to keep this short because half of you (which means a total of 3 people, more than likely) are simply going to breeze past my words to the goods. So let’s get to it.
I grabbed this basic healthy banana bread recipe from The First Year Blog and then subbed a couple things to try to make it even a bit healthier. Basically I cut the honey intake in half, added coconut flour for some of the flour, and used plain keifer instead of greek yogurt. (Keifer has some great probiotics that you should definitely be getting in your diet, people.)
THIS SH!T IS BANANA BREAD
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup plain keifer
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour (I would’ve used wheat, if I had any on hand)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Oven: 350 degrees
- Mash your nans in a bowl. Add your Keif, honey, and vanilla. Then throw in the eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of your dry ingredients together.
- Then add the dry to the wet, until all the flour is mixed. Don’t overtax. (This is what the people tell me about bread baking bread.) Pour the goodness into a pre-sprayed bread pan.
- Leave that sucker in for about 45 minutes. My ma always taught me to check if it’s done by poking a toothpick in the center of it.
Cheers! GET SOME BUTTER AND ENJOI.
P.s. are these directions to brief? I just don’t wanna get bogged down in obvious details. You guys know. If I know, then you know. You know?