Mmmkay. I’m no Betty Crocker, or Julia Childs, but. Sometimes I still try my hand at oven-ish types of things. Sometimes it goes so poorly that I wonder why I ever even try. But when you run out of granola (from the store), you don’t really have a choice but to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and freaking do it.
Here’s the low-down:
- 2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup chopped raw almonds
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 maca powder
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1/2 himalayan salt
Sorry if I’m too concise in my directions. TBH, I looked up a few different recipes and then just kind of winged it. I hope you’re able to get the gist of it! What’s life if not for a little spontaneity? A little uncertainty? I got this. You got this. Let’s go!
- Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a small pan and melt together.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until evenly distributed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and evenly space out granola.
- Throw it in the oven for 20-30 min*. Shake it up about 10-15 min in to help it all cook evenly.
*Use your discretion, It will get crunchier after you take it out. I left mine in for about 20 min (golden brown colored) because I ain’t about burnt granola. Also, this recipe (at least for me) didn’t turn out super chunky. I didn’t have parchment paper, so that could’ve played a factor. Which isn’t a make or break it thing, personally, so if you’re like, “ew no” mayyyyybe move on and try a different recipe. I warned you way up there ^ that I wasn’t an expert.
Cheers! Lemme know if you love it or hate it. I won’t be offended. I’ve been really into eating granola, plain kefir, and mixed frozen berries together while I watch things like the Golden Globes and the freaking VIKINGS.